April 10, 2013

Ogden Nash

Have you ever heard of the poet Ogden Nash?  He was a fun author.  He has some good poetry and he usually tried to make them rather silly and humerous.  I enjoy a lot of the ones where he made up words.  He does it a lot to rhyme his made up words or to make the poem more silly.  I'm going to share a few of his shorter poems now.  Another time I'll share more of his works.














THE KITTEN
-
The trouble with a kitten is
THAT
Eventually it becomes a
CAT.

THE CANARY
-
The song of canaries
Never varies,
And when they're moulting
They're pretty revolting.

REFLECTIONS ON ICE BREAKING
-
Candy
Is dandy
But liquor
Is quicker.

THE PARENT
-
Children aren't happy with nothing to ignore,
And that's what parents were created for.

This isn't many to share, I know, but I will for sure post some more of his work again at another time.  But, for now enjoy these short ones!  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment