April 03, 2013

National Poetry Month?!?!

Hey!  Did you guys know that April is National Poetry Month?  I had NO idea, until last night.  So, in honor of that I wrote a quick new poem.  And here's a link to poets.org, http://www.poets.org/page.php/prmID/41, so you can find some poetry and read it in honor of this National Poetry Month.  :-)  While you are on that website you should clink on the "Poem in Your Pocket Day" tab.  I'm thinking I may do this.  It seems like an interesting idea.  What poem to choose though?  Hmm.  Here is the link for that as well.  http://www.poets.org/page.php/prmID/406  Enjoy poetry people!   :-)



I only wish I could write as they.

Sometimes it is hard for me
To sit and write poetry.
I don’t always know what to say
What words to use and mold like clay.
Where does one even begin or start?
Maybe I’m just having a brain fart.
Writing poems can be difficult.
I’m not always pleased with the result.
I wish I had the skills to rhyme and write
Like authors whose work is clever and bright.
Authors like Dickinson, Frost, or Poe
Shakespeare, Keats, Kipling and Longfellow.
They all could sculpt words in some way.
I only wish I could write as they.

No comments:

Post a Comment