April 09, 2013

Keep clean...

Here is another poem.  This is one I wrote last semester in that poetry class.  I figured it would be alright to post this older one since I also posted a new one tonight as well as The Ghoul a few days ago.  I have a few others left from that class, but I plan to space them out with poems from other authors as well as new poems by me rather than just post all of them on here.  That would just make me lazy with keeping up with the whole idea of using this blog as a way to boost my poetic creativity.  :-P  Anyway.  This was a fun poem to write.  I was thinking of a parent telling their child to go wash their hands before dinner.  The child doesn't want to, and so the parent kinda tells why they need to wash their hands.  I always imagine illustrations or a vision in my head when writing.  Once again, I thought of my sister's drawing and her style.  Here's the link for her blog again. hannahtuohyillustrator.blogspot.com  Check it out.  It's cute.  Now here's my poem.  :-P  Enjoy.


Keep clean…

Washing your hands is a must.
Don't worry about the pipes, they won't rust.
Use plenty of soap and hot water too,
For there are many things living on you.
Get rid of bacteria and germs 
And lets not forget microbes and worms. 
If you don't you might become unhealthy.
So scrub your hands hard, those germs are stealthy.
Without washing you could get diseases.
You'll get a fever, the chills, and the sneezes.
So be sure to kill those one-celled beasties,
Or on your skin they'll make a feasties. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope there aren't worms living on me : S I like the beasties/feasties lines.

    ReplyDelete