May 06, 2013

I’m Only Saying, “No.”


This is a random poem I wrote.  It's definitely an older one.  I wrote it in 2010 during the summer.  I figured I would share it on this blog too.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  Maybe it needs some work.  Maybe not.  Also, I do think that my more recent poetry is definitely better, but it's still not too bad.  This was, after all, before a poetry writing course.  Take a read, and let me know what you think.

I’m Only Saying, “No.”

I don’t know what is wrong.
I can’t explain this feeling.
I feel like we’ve never met.
For a while you’d had me reeling.
Did you do something?
Was I under a spell?
It was a paradise to me,
But now it’s a hell.
I want to get away.
You’ve caused me pain.
When I asked for sunshine
All you gave me was rain.
We started out all right.
I felt that it was real.
I thought that it could be love.
But instead there’s now pain I feel.
I was number one.
I was the crux of your universe.
Now things have changed.
You are like a curse.
This has to stop.
It needs to end.
This is one heartache
That you cannot mend.
You’ll want to fix it, and
Try to make it right.
Save your breath though.
For it’s not worth the fight.
I’m saying were finished.
We’re finally done.
I know I was wrong.
You were not the one.
You’re telling me to wait
And hear your last plea.
I’m only saying, “No.” cause
You were no good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment