May 07, 2013

Poor Pathetic Penguins


Poor Pathetic Penguins

Little birds in black and white
Looking oh so fancy
It’s like they’re ready for the ball
Even though they don’t have pantsies

At the bottom of the earth
With nothing to do
Poor pathetic penguins
If only you flew

Fine champagne and caviar
Many spirited waltzes
You’d be enjoying all of these things
If not for that one faultzes

Maybe if we sent a boat
And gave you the chancey
You would sail right to the ball
But please don’t forget your pantsies













Aren't penguins fun?  They definitely do look as though they are birds dressed up in little tuxedoes.  They're fancy!  :-D  Also, isn't making up words so that they rhyme fun too?  I certainly enjoyed writing this poem.  The "pantsies" part makes me think of Ogden Nash because I played around with how the word was spelled so that the rhyme would work.  I think that is where I got inspiration for it.  But, back to penguins and their dashing, feather attire.  I hope that you liked this poem!  Feel free to comment or share!  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment