August 11, 2013

Life is Beautiful

Life is Beautiful

If you could change your life...
If you had the chance to start things over...
Would you?
Erase all your mistakes.
Remove imperfections.
Delete all the bad memories.
Things could be different.
Life would be new.
You could make it yours.
Do things differently.
But when you think about it...
We learn from mistakes.
We grow from experiences.
We gain from relationships.
Life gives us lessons every single day.
It's a wonderful thing.
So why change it?
Why worry?
Your past is your past.
That cannot change.
It's a magnificent misfortune.
So look to the future.
And see where it leads you.
Life is beautiful.
It only happens once.
It's yours.
It's yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
Live it.

There are times where I think, "What would have happened if I had/hadn't done this?"  Do you ever think that?  And then afterwards you wonder if things could have been better for you?  Sometimes then you think I wish I could change it.  Fix it.  Make things different.  What I did didn't go according to my plan.  Well, it's not under your control to make all those changes.  What you've got is it.  Make the best of it.  Look to your future because your past cannot be altered.  I often need to remind myself of that.

Do you remember the line from The Lion King?  Rafiki says, "The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it."  Wise words from a silly baboon.  Love that movie.

Anyway, the poem was kinda wordy.  But as I started typing up my rough draft, I kept adding and adding to it.  There just wasn't enough that could be said.  I hope you enjoyed it though!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment