August 06, 2013

Life

Life is hard.
Sometimes it's too hard.
Isn't there a way to make things easier?
You grow up too quickly.
It's too fast.
Where have the years gone by?
There's too many rules.
Too many regulations.
Too many requirements.
It's too much.
I want to live it, but where do I start?
Time is ticking.
It's not waiting.
Sometimes I wish it would slow down.
Stop even.
Let me have a breather.
I need a break.
But, no.
It goes on.
With an unrelenting speed and certainty.
Like it's taunting me with constant nagging perpetuity.
I often think I'm not ready for this.
How can I live when I don't know how?
I'm unqualified.
I'm unprepared.
I'm not life ready.
Do I have to be an adult?
Do I have to to this now?
I just feel like life is kicking my butt.

Do you ever feel overwhelmed?  I know I have.  Life goes by too quickly, things pile up, your beat up physically and emotionally.  Give us a break!  I often feel like there's so much I WANT to do and there is so much that I HAVE to do.  Like all at once sometimes too.  I feel like I'm growing up too fast.  I'm not ready to be an adult.  I'm not ready to face this big world on my own.  But, you have to get out there and face it.  It'll be a challenge but in the end you'll have these experiences with you that you will have learned from.  And the people you meet and the things you do will help you along the way.  Live you life!  It's going by and it won't slow down!  I just gotta keep that in my head over the next few days, weeks, and years of my life.  I hope you enjoyed the poem!


No comments:

Post a Comment