August 17, 2013

No Vegetables For Me Please


No Vegetables For Me Please

Broccoli is a vile weed.
I do not think it’s what I need.
Why make me eat it, mom and dad?
It tastes awful.  It must be bad.
Are you sure it’s “good for me?”
That is too hard to believe.
How can it make me big and strong?
With flavors like that, you MUST be wrong.
Maybe we can try something new to eat,
And not food that makes my stomach retreat.
How about serving something less green?
Then let’s forget this vegetable thing.


We all probably had that one vegetable or certain food that we absolutely hated when we were little.  Our parents told us to eat what we were served or we wouldn't grow up big and strong.  Things like that.  Maybe we grew up and our taste in foods changed and we matured enough to eat healthier and a wider variety of things.  Maybe not.  I'm in the maybe not category when it comes to certain things.  Broccoli being one of them.  I will eat it, but only if I had to.  I'd prefer it raw and not cooked.  To me, when broccoli is cooked, it just makes it taste more disgusting.  And not to mention, incredibly smelly.  Did you know that broccoli causes gas?  There's just another reason as to why people shouldn't eat it.  And let's not even discuss how it "tastes good" with cheese on it.   :-P  I think of Newman from Seinfeld yelling "Vile weed!" as Jerry gets him to eat some broccoli.  I feel the same way.  There's also some funny memories from a college psychology class that I took with my friend, Aislyn.  The teacher brought up broccoli for some reason during discussion.  But, that's too long of a story to tell.  :-P  Thanks for reading my poem!  And remember to eat your veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment