March 18, 2014

The Banshee

The Banshee

Across the moors
And over the hills
The howls you hear
Will give you chills.
Do not wander
The highlands alone
For the banshee
Will surely moan.
Her cries of death
Can pierce your ears
Bringing to life
All of your fears.
If you meet her
Her deafening scream
Will make you wish
It's only a dream.
Her mangled face
Will terrify you.
So it's better
If you withdrew
From those lonely
And desolate hills
For the banshee call
Undoubtedly kills.

It was St. Patrick's day this week.  And the Banshee is an Irish myth, so I thought that this would be appropriate to write and post.  I hope that you enjoy it.  I did get the inspiration for it from watching an episode of Destination Truth on St. Patrick's Day with my parents.  It just so happened to be the old one where they are in Ireland investigating the Banshee.  The first four lines I have had in my head since then and now I've finally gotten it written down.  Happy Late St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment