March 02, 2014

The Last Snow

The Last Snow

Here it is still winter
The snow falls from the sky
I sit and watch each flake
Counting as they pass by
The ground begins to whiten
As I watch the gray clouds blow
The fluffy, ivory flakes
Of the last big winter snow

Hooray!  I have a new poem!  I decided to start off with something short and simple to get back into my routine of poetry writing.  It's still winter here in Oklahoma.  I am sitting on the love seat in my parent's living room typing this.  I look up out the window where I can see the birds eating away busily at the seed in the feeders.  There are cardinals, finches, sparrows, chickadees.  All fun to watch.  Past them, everything is beginning to turn white.  Big, fluffy flakes are falling down.  It's really quite pretty and relaxing to witness.  It is quite cold out, and it's only okay to be 10 degrees outside if it also snows.  I do enjoy winter and colder weather, but I am looking forward to spring when things will be warming up.  It'll be nice to be able to get outside and enjoy nature.  I hope you enjoyed the poem.  I'll try to be quick about my next posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment