March 17, 2014

The Cat Lady

Here is a little poem for you about a cat lady and how her obsession started and she realizes that it's turned to something unhealthy.  I do like cats.  They can be silly and entertaining.  I have fun playing with Tuna when I go home to visit my parents.  I also hope that one day when I have my own place, I will have my own cat too.  BUT, I doubt that I will have more than one.  Two will by my maximum when it comes to feline companions.

The Cat Lady

I have grown obsessed.
I've become a mess.
It started with one.
I then thought I was done.
Then one became two
Followed by a few.
Those became more
So two turned to four.
I grew to be aware
A home covered in hair
Is not very healthy
For the feline wealthy.
The fur piled up.
I had become stuck
With my sad habit
That got just a bit
Out of hand so to speak.
For I am rather weak
When it comes to
Being one who
Has mousers as pets
And often collects
Them instead of making real friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment