October 26, 2013

The Jack-o-lantern

The Jack-o-lantern

You pick me up off of the ground.
My color's orange.  My shape is round.
I'm the ripest in the group
So I've been chosen from the troop. 
For you I appear to be the best.
That's why you took me from the rest.
With some great skill you carve a face
Where once before was empty space.
Now I have two eyes that can see
And a smile that's rather scary.
You gaze upon my new expression
And take delight in your success in
Your new and eerie decorative piece
Which on Halloween you will release.
Now you're all set. Your carving is done.
Your front stoop will be a scary one.
Your jack-o-lantern this spooky night
May give trick-or-treaters quite a fright.

Here's another poem to celebrate this current season.  This was actually one that I had saved in here for about a month, and just never finished.  Hurray for Halloween, fall, October, and for finishing something!  I love the fall.  I'm sure I've said that several times in this blog already on other posts.  :-P  Anywhooo...  I got to carve a pumpkin this year.  It was by my front door.  Sadly, they never last long enough.  He wasn't able to sit there for long.  He had to go yesterday.  :-(  But, seeing him whenever I went out or in of the apartment was always fun.  Decorations always seem to put me a smile on my face.  It's always fun putting things up and getting festive for whatever holiday/season it is.  Taking them down on the other hand.......that's a different story.  I also got festive with my feet too.  :-P  I painted my toes with some orange and then some glittery black crackle nail polish.  Just ignore my ugly scar from my foot surgery.  Happy Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment