October 23, 2013

The Artist of the Kitchen


The Artist of the Kitchen

I am an artist
But not quite the customary designer
That you are accustomed to
I am an artist
But I work with a different medium
My craft takes
A proper time
An eye for flavors
Exact elements
Measured components
All combined in perfect harmony
To create every masterpiece I bring forth
My studio is unconventional
But for my artwork
My workspace is perfect
My creations are
Delectable
Alluring
Appetizing
Delicious
I am an artist of the kitchen

















I got to bake quite a few things while I was home for my fall break.  I was very busy in the kitchen this last Saturday.  I made chocolate chip cookies, three loaves of pumpkin bread, and 2 dozen apple spice muffins.  Deliciousness.  I love to bake.  It's my favorite.  Baking (and cooking too) usually has a way of making me feel better.  I definitely enjoy it.  Especially when it starts to get chilly outside.  The oven has a way of warming up the house and making it smell wonderful.  And now that it is fall it was obviously necessary that I needed to BAKE ALL THE THINGS!  I see many homemade soups, cookies, cakes, breads, casseroles, and many more in the future.  Maybe I will even try some new recipes that I've never done before.  What are some of your favorite things to make during the fall season?

No comments:

Post a Comment