July 31, 2013

Pidgey Widgey

Pidgey Widgey

Pidgey Widgey in the sky
Why did you poop in my eye?

I don't enjoy your excrement.
Don't poop on me!  Use the cement.

I give you breadcrumbs each day for for food.
If this was "thank you" I find it rude.

Find a statue to use for the loo.
Do not make me a place for your poo!

If you ask again for something to eat
I'll think twice before presenting a treat.

Pidgey Widgey, now fly away
For you have caused me much dismay.


Did you enjoy my poem?  I hope so.  My mom will occasionally refer to any single pigeon as "Pidgey" and I thought I'd utilize that.  I think the outcome was successful.  :-)  Silly, yet fun.  Yeah!  Also, what do you think of the pigeon sketch?  My sister, Hannah, drew it.  I texted her asking if she could do a quick drawing of a pigeon and within a minute or two I had this image sent back to me.  She's very good at drawing.  If you haven't seen her stuff, you should check out her blog.  Here's the link for that: hannahtuohyillustrator.blogspot.com  She's an illustrator and a good one at that.  In fact, one of her books she's recently illustrated is for sale on amazon at this link right now: www.amazon.com/No-Sand-House-Jennifer-Crawford  It's called "No Sand in the House", and it's by Jennifer Crawford.  It's a very cute story and my sister did a wonderful job at illustrating it.  Check it out as well as her blog!  Maybe even buy a copy of the book!  Or, you can just chill on my blog and read some more of my earlier poems!  Thanks for reading!  :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment