September 23, 2013

Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves

The leaves are changing.
They are exchanging
Their old pigmentation
For new coloration.
Goodbye to greens.
Hello new scenes.
Autumn is here.
It has appeared.
We now say hello
To red and yellow
And oranges too
Of every hue.
And when all the leaves
Have left the tree eaves
Autumn is "Goodbye"
And winter is "Hi".

I LOVE THE FALL!  I am seriously ready to have the change of weather.  Bring on the cooler temperatures, fall colors, college football, pumpkins, hot chocolate/coffee, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and the opportunity to wear hoodies, boots, and jeans!  I think that the fall is my favorite season.  And, I'm grateful to being able to live in a state where we have the chance to live all 4 seasons every year.  Gotta love Oklahoma!  It has been cooler these last few days.  It needs to stay that way or even cool down another 10-20 degrees.  I'd be perfectly fine with that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment