September 12, 2013

Edible Happiness

Edible Happiness

The ingredients to happiness are before me.
Individually they mean nothing.
But together they're almost like heaven.
All it takes is the proper amount of each,
And a little work and some time
To enhance them into something significant.
A touch of this.
A bit of that.
Here and there add some others.
Give it a stir and watch it finish.
It takes some time.
But after a while you learn that it's worth it.
All that work, care, and effort put forth.
You come up with joy.
You end it with delight
You conclude with satisfaction
You retire with contentment.
You finish with happiness.
Edible happiness.
Happiness in the form of baking.
Happiness in the form of a cookie.

 
 


I love love LOVE to bake.  I greatly enjoy it and with fall coming up, I hope to do more.  I have a few things that are always my favorites, but I'm willing to try new things.  The pictures I posted are of a sugar cookie recipe that I had never tried before, a mint/chocolate cake that I made and experimented with piping on, and then an AMAZING spiced poppy seed cake recipe that I got from the blog Bake at 350.  You can find that blog here: bakeat350.blogspot.com.  I recommend checking it out and discovering some wonderful recipes of your own.  Or maybe you have an old favorite that you always enjoy making.  I hope to get to baking some new/old recipes sometime soon in my own future!

No comments:

Post a Comment