June 02, 2013

Pray For Oklahoma

I'm an Okie.  And I'm proud of it.  I love living in this part of the country.  I get to experience all four seasons.  Fall, winter, spring, and summer.  I live on a small acreage outside of Enid, Ok.  And I have cow pastures and wheat fields around me.  I love my home.  And my friends and family here have blessed me so much.  I couldn't imagine having it suddenly taken away from me.  Having my life completely change.  Recently there have been storms that have gone through and around the areas of Oklahoma City, Shawnee, Bethel, Moore, and El Reno.  These were storms that had deadly results and caused catastrophic damage.  I really feel for these people and I know that I couldn't imagine going through the events that have occurred recently.  And, I hope that I never have to.  But, I have this short little something that I thought that I would share.  I don't know if it's a poem that should really have a title or if it even needed one, but I think it's how we feel as Oklahomans.  We may be beaten and battered, but Oklahoma will always be home.
























Things may be lost and broken.
Gone.
Missing forever.
Some things cannot be replaced.
Loved ones lost, who can't come home.
Now life is different.
But nothing will keep us down forever.
We are strong.
We are resilient.
We have faith.
And a hope to start over.
Loved ones will be remembered.
Things can be rebuilt and replaced.
Life can start again.
We can work together.
With prayer and determination.
This is where we live, and we are enduring.
We're proud to be in Oklahoma and a part of this state.
This is home.

With that being all said and done, find a charity or an organization and make a donation sometime.  Volunteer.  Do something to better someone else rather than yourself.  Here's some ideas: serving at a soup kitchen, picking up trash along the side of the road, donating to a thrift store, volunteer to walk/play with the cats and dogs at an animal shelter.  Just do something and get out there and help others.  And, I bet that you will actually feel good about it in the end too!

No comments:

Post a Comment