June 07, 2013

The Goldfish

The Goldfish

The common pet goldfish
Has exactly one wish
To remember something
That was just happening
Three seconds ago,
But his brain's too slow.
So this poor fish pet
Will always forget
And will not recall
Anything at all
From three seconds ago
Since his brain is too slow.
How hard it must be
With no memory
Where you cannot recollect
Or even try to reflect
On the things you have done.
That just doesn't sound fun.
So I think my only wish
Is to not be a goldfish.















I had some pet fish in my dorm room when I lived in Edmond.  I wasn't very successful with them.  Let's just say I used to toilet to the great fishbowl in the sky for a lot of them.  :-P  Oh well, I'm sure those fish won't be the last ones I have in my lifetime.  I always thought that having a tropical fish tank would be cool, but I don't think I'd be able to take care of those kinds of fish.  Who knows...  Anyway.  I hope that you enjoyed my fishy poem.  Feel free to share!

Also I will be gone and away from my computer all of next week.  So, sadly, I won't be able to post anything for a while.  :-(  I will be back though, and I will try to do some writing while I'm gone.  Enjoy this poem for now and any of my old poems, and I will be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment