June 05, 2013

Bunion

Bunion

A big bunion
is never fun
when you're the one
who has it.













I do apologize for the weirdness of the poem and how random it is... and maybe the picture.  :-P  I just haphazardly made it up and had to share.  And yes, it is my own foot in the picture.  Lovely?  I think not.  At least my toes were painted in the picture.

I had a bunion on my foot.  I had it since I was in about the 7th or 8th grade.  I've always been a little self conscious about it.  It has also made finding shoes that fit properly extremely difficult.  Only in the last two years or so has it started to cause me pain that is more noticeable.  I played sports in high school so I always assumed it was pain associated with that.  But, it's definitely not the case.  It's also gotten bigger in the last few years as well.

I went to the podiatrist and it's something that will only get worse if I don't take care of it, so therefore, I'm having it surgically removed.  Unfortunately, he did say that this is a procedure that I will probably have to have done again later on in life when I'm in my 40s-60s.  :-P  Not yay for that.  But, oh well, I've got knee problems too and I'll probably have to have those replaced.  Oh the joys of getting old.

Anyway.  Bunionectomy.  Should be interesting an interesting recovery time.  This was what I was doing on Friday.  I was having my bunion removed.  Things so far have been going well.  Pain isn't too bad.  I've just got to have my foot elevated with plenty of ice and rest to go along with it.  Hopefully I'll be back to being normal soon!  I promise more poetry will come your way too!

No comments:

Post a Comment