March 27, 2013

New Poem #1

Hey!  I know it hasn't been a week, but I wanted to post these poems.  I wrote them a while back and I felt like sharing.  I think I did it during this last summer.  They are definitely more cutesy.  I always imagined both of them being illustrated by my sister.  She's a great artist.  By the way, if you haven't' seen her work you ought to.  She's amazing.  Her website is http://hannahtuohyillustrator.blogspot.com/.  Check out her work.  Follow her blog.  Do it.  Now.  Please.  Thank you.  Yes.  Anyway!  Back to my poems.  I'll post one first and then the second one.  Let me know what you think!  :-)


I can do it!  You'll See.

Leave me alone.
Don't bother me.
Stop mom.
I can do it!  You'll see.

I'm making you something.
A tasty treat.
A chocolate cake.
Just something sweet.

I've added the eggs,
Sugar, milk, and flour.
In the oven it goes
For just half an hour.

I'll put on the sprinkles
And icing galore!
I'll taste so good, mom.
You'll keep asking for more.

For now it's my kitchen.
So please let me be.
Stop mom.  I can do it!
Just wait and you'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment