November 15, 2013

I'm Thankful

I'm Thankful

I'm thankful for
This time of year.
The seasons change
And holidays draw near.
Memories from the past
Bring me warmth and comfort
Thanksgiving turkeys, stuffings, pies,
And let's not forget the desserts!
We stop and pause for a spell
To think of why we're thankful
Of all our many blessings
And reasons to be grateful.
There are many things I have
And blessings given me.
But most of all I'm thankful
For my friends and family.

Yay!  I finally wrote a poem!  Here's one for Thanksgiving.  I'm pretty sure that I had quite a few poems last month in October for Halloween.  So, I felt like I needed to attempt at least one Thanksgiving related poem.  I'm ready for Thanksgiving.  I think that it will be a fun time.  Last year I went to Virginia to have Thanksgiving with my sister and brother-in-law.  Our three cousins (Katy, Robby, and Phil) also joined in on all the fun.  It was a great time.  This year I will be going home to see my family.  I'm also taking my boyfriend with me.  I'm sure that we all will enjoy the break spending time together, shopping, visiting family, and.....wait for it..... possibly beginning the Christmas decorating the day after Thanksgiving!  It's almost here!  Wooooooooaaahhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment